Sunday, November 16, 2008
Random thought...
The other day I was sitting in the deer blind. It was a little chilly out side, I was waiting for the sun to come up. I could hear the crunching sound of deer eating the corn provided for them to eat. I prefer my corn steamed. As it just started to get light I saw a deer jump over the fence into my field of view. Big bucks always come from that direction so I got really excited. I could not tell if it was a buck or not but it spooked the does that were there eating. They hung around as it made it's way over to a scrape. With the orange and blue sunrise behind him I could see he had some antlers but I could not yet tell how big he was. The area I am hunting has a regulation of 13 inches or bigger or a spike. Regardless, this was the first one I had seen since opening day when my bro in law Jake shot his, it's on their blog, a nice 8 pointer. As it got lighter I pointed my rifle at him to look through my scope, a 4 point, dang! About an 8-10 inch spread. I watched him for maybe an hour and a half or two and checked to see if he was big enough a couple more times as it got lighter. He eventually left and I saw nothing else. I have seen nothing but does since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Cool Bro. Sounds exciting. Wish I could be there at your side. *tear
Oohh...instant tear, I could add this to my tear list on John and Sunni's blog.
I was commenting on your "Shame on us" post when you posted this. Cool. We were as they say, "on the same page". And yet so far away, cool! *tear (again)...
Luckeeee!
I didn't go out even ONCE with my deer tag. Too busy with The Never Ending Renovation.
I saw a whole herd of don'ts the other day.
ba doom boom chsh!
-Eric
Post a Comment